Thanks for your interest in the Shepherds Bush Business Forum and wanting to suggest some ways we can help the area come through Covid as quickly as possible.
The High Street Recovery Fund
The new High Street Recovery Fund is offering grants of up to £10,000 to help our local economy bounce back stronger than ever.
The pandemic has brought drastic changes to our lives so we want to give our town centres and high streets a boost as we continue to make H&F a great place to live, work and socialise.
What Are the Council Looking For?
Imaginative project initiatives that encourage businesses to work closer together to support our shopping areas and attract residents to their local high streets to support the local economy.
Successful proposals will need to show how their ideas will deliver direct benefits to businesses on their high street.
How Much Is Offered?
The High Street Recovery Fund will help invest a total of £100,000 into H&F’s high streets and town centres.
We will be offering grants of up to £10,000 for each project.
We are looking for creative and inspirational ideas that meet the above broad objectives. Projects can be stand alone or a package of initiatives. In most cases, the project proposer will be key to delivering the initiative, but we are keen to receive proposals for projects that show collaborative working with other businesses, initiatives and local groups as well. Projects could include but are certainly not exclusive to:
- events to encourage people back to high streets, such as collaborative marketing events focusing on a specific business sectors or cultural and community events e.g. a spring fair
- projects which enhance a sense of place and connection within the high street – such as signage and branding.
- addressing issues such as empty shops, litter or anti-social behaviour
- addressing crime and safety, making an area feel safer where people will want to spend time and relax
- environmental initiatives that businesses can engage with to improve their high streets
- lighting or floral displays or new street furniture such as bike racks to encourage customers and residents to your high street
We will want to use some of the funding to ensure that the reach of the SBBF is increased by as much as possible and we would also like to develop an app that will enable members, residents and visitors to find out more about the area, what’s on, offers, promotions, etc – reasons to visit and stay local.
We will also be working on:
– Regular networking events, bring the business community together
– Training and educational seminars, to ensure that we are all as up to speed with the latest rules, regulations, processes and opportunities
– Creating marketing opportunities for everyone to benefit from
So, again, thanks for registering for updates – to send us your ideas on how we can improve Shepherds Bush, making it a better place to live, work and visit, click here.
NOTE: We need your response by 17th December, 2021 so we can submit a proposal withing the council deadline.
We look forward to seeing you soon.